The Gold Standard
Kadlec is the first hospital in the area to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for hip, knee and shoulder replacement. The certification process is designed to help health care organizations provide safe, high-quality care and treatment to their patients. For you, the Gold Seal of Approval means the Joint Replacement Center at Kadlec has demonstrated its commitment to the highest level of care for its patients with hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery.
Get back to enjoying the things you love
At Kadlec, we recognize how challenging, life can be when you live with chronic joint pain caused by arthritis, injury, overuse or other conditions. When your ability to move becomes compromised, count on Kadlec Joint Care Center — a specialized unit offering the most comprehensive care from before surgery through rehabilitation.
Our partner surgeons are experienced at performing hip, knee and shoulder replacement. Our operating rooms are highly advanced and and our staff is dedicated to assisting you through every step of your surgery.
Unmatched Patient Support
Kadlec works with your doctor’s office to ensure a smooth and comfortable transition to care once decision has been made about your joint replacement surgery. To learn more about your journey through recovery at Kadlec, click here
- 85% elective hip/knee replacements safely transition home with outpatient therapy or home health in less than 2-3 days (national average is <50% go home with a stay of > 3 days; remaining go to skilled nursing facilities or inpatient rehab)
- Unplanned readmissions 2% in 2013 (compared to 5.4% nationally)
- Surgery complications 2.6% (compared to 3.4% nationally)
- 9 of 10 Joint Care patients rate our physicians, nursing, and hospital care as Excellent
- 96% would recommend Kadlec Joint Care Center to their family and friends
Why Choose Kadlec Joint Care
- Our driving focus is to support and empower every patient and care partner for an optimal surgery experience and recovery
- Dedication to safety and individualized, holistic care: physical, cognitive, emotional
- Expertise of our surgeons and care team
- Interdisciplinary teamwork (including Patient and Care Partner input) – focus on providing highest quality care
- Active participation in nationally recognized quality initiatives
- Strong performance in continuous quality improvement
- Kadlec is the only hospital in the area performing the highly advanced techniques of anterior hip replacement and total reverse shoulder. Ask your joint surgeon for more information about these procedures.