Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
Our highly skilled cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons offer a comprehensive range of services including:
Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary bypass
- Valve repair/replacement
- Repair of congenital defects
- Repair of aneurysms, dissections and trauma to the thoracic aorta
Noncardiac Thoracic Surgery
Our surgeons are also board certified in thoracic surgery and provide expertise in thoracic surgery to the region.
Thoracic surgery is the repair of organs located in the thorax - or chest. The thoracic cavity lies between the neck and the diaphragm and contains the heart and lungs (cardiopulmonary system), the esophagus, trachea, chest wall and diaphragm. Thoracic surgery repairs diseased or injured organs and tissues in the thoracic cavity.
- Pleural and pulmonary diseases
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Complex esophageal strictures
- Chest wall tumors and injuries
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
Thoracic surgeons work closely with our oncologists, pulmonologists and radiation therapists to offer a multidisciplinary approach to thoracic cancers.