Application Process and Requirements
Kadlec Family Medicine Residency participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) for first-year family medicine residency positions. All applications will be accepted throughout the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
Click here to see our Family Medicine Residency Agreement
For additional questions regarding our program or the application process, please contact Stacy Jackson, Program Manager at 509-942-3281 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December of each year
All interviews will occur October until January. Kadlec Family Medicine provides equal access to its programs, services, and activities for people with disabilities. Reasonable prior notice is requested to arrange accommodations.
General Application Requirements:
- Applications will only be accepted only through ERAS
- No more than one (1) exam failure total (USMLE or COMLEX)
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 2, all aspects, must be passed prior to rank deadline with NRMP
- Must have graduated on or after July 1, 2014
- Dean’s Letter (MSPE)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a family medicine physician)
- Documentation of predominately US experience for clinical and elective rotations (observerships or job shadow experience will not be accepted)
- Include information in your personal statement about specific reasons for choosing to pursue family medicine.
Additional requirements for International Graduates:
- Valid ECFMG and Clinical Skills Assessment Certification
- Be eligible to obtain an Washington medical license at the start of second year of training
- Documentation of US Family Medicine Clinic experience equivalent to 4-6 week rotation (observerships or job shadow experience will not be accepted)
- Documentation of US Inpatient experience in Family Medicine, Inpatient Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine (observerships or job shadow experience will not be accepted)
- We do not sponsor VISA, J1, H1, etc.